Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Color layer for owl reduction print!

Here's the first layer for the owl reduction print I'm currently working on.


It's almost a rainbow roll; instead of doing it the normally blended way, I made up three colors and freely rolled them individually on the block in specific areas to achieve a more mixed and splotchy affect. I was hoping it would look a little autumnal. The detailed final layer with the outline and dark areas with be printed in a deep brownish-black. I will probably do some prints of just the detail layer as well, just for kicks!



1 comment:

  1. Interesting! Thanks for sharing this! I will look forward to seeing your blog again. I am going through painting blogs today and if ever i left i double comment comment here, i am sorry. Nonetheless, I appreciate what your doing Mertalou. The owl looks great!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete